- Privacy Notice – Rock Foundation Ltd
1. Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Rock Foundation Ltd is a registered charity & registered company and is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. Rock Foundation Ltd complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the public in accordance with our Memorandum & Articles of Association.
• To administer service users records in accordance with Safeguarding protocols
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity.
• To manage our employees and volunteers.
• To manage conflicts of interest.
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications).
4. The legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security, safeguarding regulations or legislation pertaining to our charity and company registrations.
5. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Rock Foundation in order to carry out a service within that organisation. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. We will delete your data if you are no longer engaged in, or with, the activities of Rock Foundation. Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate. If you are employed by Rock Foundation Ltd we will retain records in accordance with employment legislation and if safeguarding issues have been raised we will also keep your data in accordance with legislation. Company No.6585052 Charity No. 1126626.
7. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Rock Foundation Ltd holds about you;
• The right to request that Rock Foundation Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Rock Foundation Ltd to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to any new processing.
9. To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact:
Address The Rock Foundation, 39-41 Heneage Road, Grimsby, DN32 9ES
Telephone No 01472 488026